9.08.2008

A few things we've been up to lately...

Here are a few things we've been up to lately... (several posts below)

(click on pics to enlarge)


Sleeping whenever we can in the most unusual ways! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE that Jorja LOVES to sleep??

READING! It's Jorja's new favorite thing to do. I can't even begin to tell you how many children's books I have memorized now - it is crazy! The one of her and Shane is priceless - he's such a great dad! And the one of her by herself is just plain awesome. She looks like she's just cool chillin and really reading on her own. I love it!

Jorja and I went to a play date at Celebration Park - where the water shoots up from the ground and sprays. I had fun hanging with the other moms and watching the other little ones but Jorja wasn't really thrilled with it. She just doesn't like the water splashing her in the face. Maybe next summer when she's older she'll be more into it. However, one thing she is TOTALLY into is her WAGON. I think we go out for walks in that thing almost every day and if we don't go outside with it, she plays with it in the house. She simply can't get enough. SO FUN!

Apparently my daughter has become a diva and loves wearing her cool new shades.

Here are a few pics of play time. She got a drum set for her birthday and she loves smashing her face with the lid of the drum. What is awesome is she'll pick up the lid, say "mama" real loud to catch my attention and THEN press her face against it. Then we both crack up laughing. She is such a HOOT! I can't get enough of her! She also loves playing with her Rocking Snail... and cuddling with it as well as it is quite soft and furry!

I mentioned a few posts ago that I met a girl and her son, Katie & Cole, at one of our "Mommy & Me" play groups and we all just hit it off so great! (she's the one who made my blog so cute) We decided to get together outside of our scheduled "Mommy & Me" events and went and ate at Chick-fil-A then went to Katie's gorgeous house to play. We had an amazing time. Cole has SO many toys and Jorja just had a great time exploring the new toys and interacting with Cole. He is SUCH a cutie but he is definitely all boy! There were a few times he would eye Jorja's bow and you could tell all he really wanted to do was yank it out of her hair - but he didn't! :) They really did get along so great and it was cute to watch them try to figure each other out! And there was lots of hand holding... I'm not sure how I feel about that - my little innocent girl is being swept off her feet too early! HA! Katie & Cole have a very special story that you should read about when you get a chance. Katie is an AMAZING mom who carries herself with strength, peace, hope and joy. I feel SO blessed that they are in my life and can't wait to spend many more days with them and watch our little ones grow up together! :)

4 comments:

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Awww, you made me get all teary eyed! I'm glad that we got to meet you guys too! I know our little ones will be the best of friends :) See you guys at Breakfast for lunch!!

Jenn said...

So much fun! Isaac LOVES to read as well! He is always looking at books and bringing them to us to read! I think HE has them memorized! In his own words of course, he thinks he is telling us the story most of the time! :) Cole is so cute. Wish we were there too!

Tawny and Kya said...

Look at that baby girl growing up! She is just precious! I absolutely LOVED the story of your friend. What a blessing to have her as a friend (and Cole as a friend for Jorja). Have a great week Ms. Jorja!

The Durham's said...

She is so cute! I LOVE the one where she is "reading" her book...that was great picture timing, mama!